Monday, April 24, 2006

4/23 Kids Ride

From Chris Latham...

Parents and others interested,While a bit windy today it was still quite a nice day for a mountain bike ride. The trees usually provide a nice shelter on days like this one. I just wanted to remind all of you that did not make it about the schedule ahead in hopes that ample notice will help more people make it. The next ride is scheduled for Mother's Day which I know may be a bit of a conflict but consider these points: for the at home mom a couple quiet hours may be a nice gift, and mom is also more than welcome to come along, most any mom should be able to hang with these 5-7 year olds.

I am planning to do two kids rides in May because of Bike to Work (and school) Week. Those would be Sunday the 14th at Ft Tuthill playground and Sunday the 21st at Campbell Mesa Trailhead both from 12 to 2. I will not ask for RSVP or anything but I would really love to see your kids out there. I will be doing presentations at schools that week and spreading the word as well.

After that week the schedule will likely look like this; June 11th, July 2nd, August 6th, September 3rd, October 15th, November 19th, December 10th. Locations and other details will be released in the weeks prior. Remember there will be kids of all ages and stages. Please make sure to bring kids with bikes, helmets, and water at the very least. Other accessories like gloves, bike shorts, and eye protection are also highly recommended. I can help provide any of these things and more if you let me know what you might need. My home # is 213-0120 if you have questions and my cell # is 520-237-8714 if you have any problems finding us that day.

If you know any other interested kids or parents please forward this to them and put them in contact with me so I can keep them posted. Also, if you have any feedback on the dates or times feel free to voice that, I have done the best I can to consider everybodies schedules and such. I would also be interested to hear any ride recommendations as we will try to do a different one every month.

Hope to see you all there next month, Chris Latham, Red Rock Racing

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great article on the kids ride. We will be sure and join you next time. Thank you!