Monday, April 07, 2008

Nova


Congratulations to all the Red Rock Racers who went out there and slugged it out at the Nova National this last weekend. The weather and the course at McDowell could not have been better. Some might say it was hot, but for me it was a welcome change from the freezing cold wind that signifies spring in Flagstaff.

I signed up for the Nova Marathon to drop kick myself into getting the mileage that I’m now (very) behind on. All and all it was a good experience, and nice to get the first race of the season out of the way. I ended up second in the women’s Pro/Open field, not because I’m fit (yet) but because apparently not many other women think riding 70 miles at McDowell sounds like fun.

Me, I'm a glutton for punishment I suppose. I spent most of the winter learning to skate ski and working on yoga, now flash forward to April and I’m just now getting back on the bike. That's ok, 'cause time is on our side up here in the high country. Our season is just beginning... and it's going to be the summer of all summers here in Flagstaff. Just ask ol' Schultz Creek here. She'll tell ya...



See you next weekend at Dawn to Dusk!

1 comment:

cwilkens said...

Congrats to you Kristen, Mark, Deb, Gooch, Sue and the R3 gang for representing down at NOVA! Nice pic of Schultz Kristen - it's been fun bike kayaking the Flg creeks. See you Friday night at Dawn-Dusk.