Friday, May 29, 2009

2009 IHBC - RRR gets a 4th place in Masters


click pic to enlarge the chi hit...


ilg couldn't imagine a more Happy 47th Birthday than what transpired during my 3 Days Of Fully-Differentiated Pain at last weekend's 38th-annual Iron Horse Bicycle Classic Omnium in my childhood h(om)e of Durango, Colorado. my own family came (first racing road trip as a New Daddy...phew!) as did my parents, sister, and my little brother's clan, each streaming in from many miles away and from various directions to cheer me on. also, hearing and seeing the support from my old friends along the 3 different courses over the 3 days reinforced the fact that Durango is still crazy over outdoor sports and the townspeople still gather, as in Europe, along the courses to cheer on the cyclists.

in the recently expanded Masters division which had a start list of 175, your feeble yoga teacher/coach managed a:

* 34th in the Road Race to Silverton (time; 2H54" including being stopped by the train on the tracks!)

* 11th in the Downtown Durango Crit (photo above by www.naggan.com

* 14th in the East Animas Time Trial (time; 41:32 from Durango to Shalona Lake)

that effort was good enough for 4th place (in the money!) and right behind my wonderful student and friend, Andrew Ferguson, with whom i stayed for part of the weekend.

i'd like to thank both John and Terry down at Cosmic for dialing in my bikes so quick and lovingly and to all my yoga and fitness students for inspiring ol' coach ilg to still get out there, toe the Start Line, throw down your best effort, and see deeper sides of yourself out there where every second counts; racing!

hope to see you in yoga soon and i'm gonna do my best to get for our club MTB ride tomorrow!

head bowed,
coach ilg

No comments: